The UAE will host Expo 2020!
  • Arabic
Supported by the UAE National Media Council
We are in the process of developing and improving our website, and we invite you to participate in our brief survey to measure the level of your satisfaction
Satisfaction Survey For UAE Interact Website
رغبة منا بالتعرف على مستوى رضاكم عن موقعنا وبهدف تطويره وتحسينه، فقد قمنا بتصميم استبيان سريع لقياس مدى الرضا عن موقع دولة الإمارات العربية المتحدة روعي في تصميم الاستبيان أن يكون قصيرا وسريعا كي لا نطيل عليكم، وعليه نرجو منكم التكرم باستكماله عن طريق الرابط التالي
استبيان رضا المتعاملين عن موقع دولة الإمارات العربية المتحدة

Industrial park being set up in Al Ain

posted on 10/12/2008: 3518 views


An Industrial Park is being developed in Al Ain, on 15-square kilometres area, where at least 40 medium to large size industrial units will be setup to manufacture construction materials. "Once completed, the park will have an integrated complex of building materials factories and associated support infrastructure. We will have a ‘one-stop shop' for construction-related materials and equipment,” said Dr Jeremy Rowson, Arkan's Chief Operating Officer, told Khaleej Times in an interview.

The project is being built by Arkan Building Materials Company, a subsidiary of Government-owned General Holding Corporation (GHC). This project, which started last June with the commencement of the construction of a new cement factory, will open new avenues of industrial activity in Abu Dhabi, said Dr Jeremy Rowson.

Arkan is an industrial investment company, which focuses on the building materials sector. Government owns 51 per cent shares in the company, while the UAE nationals hold remaining 49 per cent. As demand in the domestic market is growing at a fast pace, these substantial industrial projects will not only substitute high priced imported building materials but also it will build on the UAE's ambitions to attract new technology and diversify its economic base. Over Dh15 billion worth of imports could be substituted over the next few years from manufacturing operations on the new park.

The Abu Dhabi-based company has identified around 70 different construction materials, which could be manufactured in the Industrial Park. – Khaleej Times

RELATED ARTICLES

09 August 2016 Dubai Industrial Park opens 70 warehouses and storage spaces for lease
25 October 2015 Sharjah unveils Al Saja'a Industrial Oasis
07 October 2015 Dubai Industrial City registers 28% growth in revenue and 59% increase in gross profit
02 September 2015 Investments in the UAE industrial sector amounts to Dh127b
28 April 2015 Performance of industrial sector of Abu Dhabi continues to improve in first half of 2014


Most Read